Friday, September 7, 2012

The Good Life in SLC

Elliott and I were talking about how great Salt Lake is over dinner last night. There's so much to do and it's so beautiful. We found a new canyon drive that we love recently (and Elliott rides up it on his bike), and Fall is pretty much here; Fall is my favorite.

We've been doing the usual: Ruth's Diner, Sunday dinners, finding baby sized jackets for future kiddos, walks with Mollie, trying to veggie recipes, and canyon BBQs. Elliott's been doing a lot of bike riding too.

He frequently rides up Emigration Canyon. Last time I tried it I didn't make it to the top. And by the top I mean the middle before it gets crazy up on the switch backs. I decided to give it a try and after Elliott carried us up the canyon, I made it to the top, crazy switchbacks and all. And they weren't as crazy as I thought they would be. It made me want to ride more that's for sure. This is the view from the top:


Next weekend, Elliott and his two good friends Kirk and Jaris are going to ride all four canyons. In one day. Little Cottonwood, Big Cottonwood, Millcreek and Emigration. I think I'm going to go and cheer them on and serve as a water and snack station.

I'm now 25 and my birthday was just as I wanted: full of delicious food and my favorite people. Elliott's gift is so cool, but that's for next post.

Rain storm in SLC:


And I found a sprinkler that spits out rainbows:



 Just finished another pillow for a friend:
That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment