Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Midnight Conversations

I was up watching Who's Line Is It Anyway? last night. Elliott had been asleep for over an hour when he rolled over to face me, put his arm around me and started talking. Elliott's newest sleep conversation:

Elliott: Teach me how to dye (die?) (wasn't sure which one he was refering to at this point)
Beth: What?
Elliott: Teach me how to dye (die)
Beth: I still can't hear you (I got really close)
Elliott: Seriously? (now getting very annoyed). Teach.me.how.to.dye (die?) (said very slowly as if I didn't speak english.
Beth: What do you mean?
Elliott: Ugh! (still annoyed)
Beth: Like dye t-shirts?
Elliott: Um, yeah.
Beth: Why are you asking me this? Are you even awake?
Elliott: ugh
Beth: Are you awake?
Elliott: Obviously
Beth: I'm just confused why you just turned around and asked me to teach you how to dye things.
Elliott: Ugh
Beth: (after a moment of silence and me trying to prolongue this very entertaining discussion) Do you have anything else to say?
Elliott: Uh, no.
Beth: (laughing) Ok.

*red signifies extreme annoyance and a little arm action and leg kicking

I immediately got up and wrote this convo down so I wouldn't forget. I hope we talk again soon Elliott.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha!!

    Those Bueler boys have some weird sleeping habits. Graham is THE worst with trying to wake him {like falling asleep on the couch, and telling him to come to bed.}

    Way to record such conversation!

    ReplyDelete