Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Perfect Saturday

Last saturday was a great day (except for the fact that elliott had to work). But I was able to help my parents work in their garden in the morning and afternoon. It was in the 70's and it was nice to finally be able to get some sun. After Elliott got off work, he rode his bike over to my parents house and we (elliott, my mom, my brother and I) went on a long bike ride. We rode up to the Zoo, along Wasatch Drive, over the freeway, through Holladay, and back to Salt Lake. It was so much fun (despite some of the very steep hills) and nice to be outside on such a perfect day.

Afterwards, Elliott and I went to dinner for our anniversary. He surprised me and took me to PAGO which is one of my favorite restaurants which is hard to frequent due to the price. Everything is bought local and the chefs are amazing. We both ordered the fried chicken. Now let me set the record straight for all you KFC lovers/haters. This was not like KFC fried chicken. There were no bones and the bread on the outside was so much better. It was served with fingerling potatoes, roasted greens, and white raisens all with some sort of sauce (I forgot what the waitress called it). It was the best fried chicken I have ever had and one of the best meals I've ever had. Even better, it was a meal they were test running for their new menu (coming out today...which means we have to go back) and so the price was nearly half of a normal entree.



If you haven't had a chance to try PAGO I highly highly recommend it (it's a little more on the expensive side so be prepared) but it's well worth it. I love local restaurants!

A few of our other favorite local Salt Lake restaurants include:

Eggs in the City
-1675 E 1300 S-

What we get: biscuits and gravy....best I've had. They also have great breakfast burritos and french toast


Curry in a Hurry
-2020 S State Street-

What we get: chicken curry plate


Ekamai Thai Curry
-336 W 300 S-

What we get: anything
This place is locally owned by two young parents. Elliott interviewed them for a story he wrote for the Utah Daily Chronicle and you can find it at http://www.dailyutahchronicle.com/arts/a-taste-of-thailand-1.2207112.
They're really cool and the foods great!




Sawadee
-754 E South Temple-

What we get: orange chicken, yellow curry, veggies, beef and broccoli
Fast service!


Rio Grande
-270 Rio Grande Street-
Family favorite!

What we get: our entire family almost always gets a cheese or chicken enchilada muckers style(with sour cream and pinapple)


The Red Iguana
-736 W North Temple-
Very popular but worth the wait
Now I'm hungry and stuck at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment