Friday, May 11, 2012

At Ease


Ahhhhhh...It's Friday. I'm so ready for Friday. I need some good R&R.

When I get sick of working, feel stressed about grad school applications, worry about money, grocery shopping, or where we're going to be in a year or two, I find the things that put me at ease. It usually involves taking long walks with Mollie, listening to a radio show telling me stories, or spending hours chatting with family or friends. It changes. Yesterday it was a walk. I had the morning off and Mollie and I took a long walk through the glen. The poppies are out and the temperature was perfect. We sat for a few minutes and listened to the stream.

Last night it was a movie. Well, sort of. This American Life put on a live show in NYC. They had comedians, writers, music, dancers, movies, and of course Ira Glass. They broadcast it to movies across the country (and Canada) and it was a great break from life stresses. There would be times I looked over at Elliott and he was wiping away tears because that last joke was just.that.funny.

I think my favorite part was the comedian's bit about her run-ins with Taylor Dayne. Her name was Tig Notaro and she was the one making Elliott cry. "Excuse me, sorry for bothering you, but I just have to say, you have a beautiful voice." Check out her bit here.

It turns out that Peggy (our porch pigeon) is a deadbeat mom. We haven't seen her in almost a week so it seems that she has abandoned her egg. How disappointing. She was doing so well. Now every time I walk up those stairs I have to stair at an empty nest. I don't even know what to do with it? I think we'll leave it for the next renters.

I'm ready for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment