Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Friendly Man

We finally got our car fixed. Car issues can be exhausting...Midas told me I needed my alternator fixed and quoted me close to $500 for a new one + labor + a new battery. So instead, naturally, I let our car sit in front of our house for a week, which then lead to an unjumpable dead car, which then lead to having to get it towed. While I was standing there watching the town guy do his thing, I got a lot of sympathetic/empathetic, looks from by passers. One guy even gave me his extra drink from the coffee shop on the corner. He was nice. The drink was gross. I gave it to the tow guy who seemed to enjoy it.

I went to pick up my car last night only to learn that the alternator works perfectly well and it was in fact the starter that needed replacing. Thanks Midas for almost charging me 500 for a problem that didn't exist.

We had an awesome Sunday dinner/birthday party for my grandma. My mom made her famous spaghetti (my favorite dish she makes). When the time comes to move away, I'm going to miss these dinners, a lot.
 Other pictures: (1) Elliott gearing up for the U game with Mollie who got that awesome scarf after getting a bath at the Dog Show (2)car getting towed.

Check out Elliott's latest collumn! 11/11/11 Secrets Revealed: http://www.dailyutahchronicle.com/ae/111111-secrets-revealed/

No comments:

Post a Comment