Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cycling Class

I'm sure you've all heard a first hand account of spinning class from at least one person. It might have sounded something like "it is hell" or "it will totally kick your butt" or "you think running is hard?" 

Let me tell you about my first experience with spin class. (warning, this isn't pretty). I'm two weeks in. The first class we did a couple minute hill climb which means you are completely out of your seat. 

Now this wonderful shock to the system came after a long semester of little to no exercise. After the climb I immediately felt like I was going to pass out and/or throw up, which ever came first. I welcomed it. Anything to make it stop.

I got off my bike, grabbed my water bottle, and make a break for it out into the hall. I slid down the wall onto the floor. There was a girl walking down the hall toward me. I could feel that I was going to lose my breakfast (mistake #1: eating breakfast before a spin class). The girl was getting closer. I was searching frantically for a garbage can to lose my breakfast in. 

All I saw was the drinking fountain. I'm not going to lie, I thought about it for a half second. But that would be completely unsanitary not to mention that girl who was watching me. I don't blame her for looking, I looked like a complete train wreck, and we all know how hard it is to look away from one of those. I looked down at my half full water bottle. I shrugged and let it out. So much for using that bottle for the rest of the morning. Not like throwing up during your first spinning class isn't embarrassing enough, girlfriend walked right past me when it happened. I could tell by the look on her face that she was pretty disgusted. I don't blame her.

I composed myself and walked back into class and finished. Today was my second class and it went much better. If you want to get in shape, this is the way to do it i'll tell you what. It's actually pretty fun. The instructor plays fun music and wears a head set and everything.

I'm taking a yoga class mondays and wednesdays as well to balance the butt-kicking I get to experience in spinning class twice a week.

Did anyone catch Conan last night? It was a good one. Mostly because of this:

No comments:

Post a Comment