Friday, December 3, 2010

Spinning

This week has been a busy one for us both. I feel like I have been spinning, and I sure Elliott has too. Between school, work, and homework we haven't had much time, acutally we haven't had any time, to do anything else. Our cuboards and refridgerator are moving towards bare and for dinner yesterday, I had fries and malt-o-meal. Talk about a meal. We did manage to make homemade pizza in the middle of the week though which is quite the accomplishment (especially given the condition of our kitchen-very messy. We're at the point where all the spoons are dirty so we use forks to avoid washing anything).

But the week is over and now we get to recover, together. Except I have to give my first lesson in church on Sunday and have waves of feeling sick to my stomach over the past few weeks. In between those waves I'll have an idea about something cool to say and I will feel really excited to share, but I usually end up nervous again. I know that when I first stand up my voice will be shaky, my face will be red, and my armpits will probably be p-r-e-t-t-y sweaty, so I've come to terms with that. (note to self: wear a white tshirt). I've chosen to teach on living simply, how to do it (get some imput here), and how it can make our lives happier.

When I think of living simply, I think of doing the things I love and where I find peace and a connection with something that's bigger than myself. A picture like this usually comes to mind:

 I think I like being outside.

2 comments:

  1. pretty picture!

    good luck with your lesson. makes me nervous just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get like that before I have to teach too! I'm sure you will do a great job though. I totally know that busy week when life seems all unraveled. I hope you guys had a good weekend to relax. ps where do you guys usually ski? it would be fun to take a trip down there and go skiing sometime.

    ReplyDelete