Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Night

We have been total summer concert losers this year. We made it to our first one last night to see Bright Eyes play. Great music. Great night.



Favorite overheard conversation from the night? We drifted back from the front of the crowd after an hour or so to take a break from the smoke cloud hovering above us. We ended up standing next to a guy who had fallen asleep in a semi-awkward position on his blanket. Two passing guys stopped to take a look.

"No way that guys asleep right now."
He then bent down to make sure he really was. This is when sleeping boy woke up.
"Oh hey dude, props for being totally comfortable."
"Uh, thanks?"
"My name is Chris"
"I'm Kip."
"Kip? No way. My parents were going to name me Kip, but then they wussed out at the last minute and named me Chris like a bunch of assholes."


Tonight, we played Fruit Ninja on the Kinect on my brother's XBOX (awesome). We ate leftovers from Red Iguana. We sewed and printed shirts. We are staying in and being creatively productive.






Remember when I wrote about This American Life? If you totally ignored that post, which you probably did, check it out here again: This American Life. You won't regret it.

Now, Elliott is out on a treat run. We're probably going to watch a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment